By Lillie L Davis
It seems like everyone wants or need to diet. The question is what are the best ways to lose weight. Weight loss is a massive industry. Estimates are that as many as 55 percent of US citizens are overweight. That’s a staggering number. No wonder the diet industry has grown so much in the last few years.
So with that said, then what are the best ways to diet? There are numerous ways so how do you sort them out and how do you know the best ways to lose weight?
1. Practice portion control. Easier said that done, I agree. But do not stop eating. Do not go on a starvation diet. Your body needs food. Babies are born needing food so what makes you think that you do not need food as an adult. One of the best ways to lose weight is just to eat less of the foods that you are already eating. Push back from the table a little sooner that normal.
2. Exercise. Another of the best ways to diet is to add some exercise to your routine. Most people already get exercise but add some walking on your lunch break to your schedule. This will help you to burn excess calories and make you feel better both physically and mentally.
3. Drink Water. Another of the best ways to reduce your weight is to drink plenty of water. Keep water at your desk and drink it often. Do not just wait until you are thirsty to drink water. Water is plentiful and readily available so take advantage of it. It will help to fill you and make you think of food less.
4. Do not diet alone. Yes, you heard that right. One of the best ways to get thinner is with the buddy system. Find a friend or a relative to work with you to achieve your goal. Get your family involved. Take walks with your children and spouse. Make it a fun and learning experience. Take science walks and talk about trees and flowers. You will not even realize that you are on a diet.
5. Do what works for you! The absolute best way to diet is to find a plan that works for you. Find a diet plan with a guide that tells you what to eat and when to eat it. Find a plan that lets you eat the way you want to eat and tells you when to eat. Above all, do not buy into the starvation, no-carb, no-fat fad diets. Do the sensible thing and find a diet plan that works the way that you work.